Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What would Jane do?




For my last weekend in England, my girlfriend and I decided to go to Lyme! Of course, we had to walk along the Cobb and climb the Granny's Teeth stairs that Louisa jumped from. Historians aren't exactly sure if these were the stairs Austen was thinking of, but once you climb them (or crawl up them like I did, cause I'm a wimp) you realize what an alarming situation it could be if someone fell from them. The 'old wonders,' 'romantic rocks,' and 'green chasms' were so beautiful and I really enjoyed the sea air. My only regret is that I ate perhaps too many chips and drank too much Coke. If I keep it up, my teeth might end up looking a little bit like those stairs. We also spent quite a bit of time at the arcade along the coast because I asked myself, "What would Jane do (in Lyme)?". My answer was, "Rock out on Guitar Hero."

Thanks for a great semester, George! I'm going to miss this class and talking about Jane!

Off to study my blogs for the exam!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily! My pumpkin pie last year didn't turn out so well (I think it was the one from Joy of Vegan Baking), but I've heard rave reviews about this one from the Voluptuous Vegan:

    http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=780570

    Just scroll down a bit, someone posted it! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete